Representing WA State condominium and homeowner associations. Questions? Email us: email@example.com
September 8, 2021 Topics:
- CA Day coming up on October 9. Proof of vaccination required to participate.
- COVID-19 updates: Statewide mask mandate went into effect 8/23/21. King County outdoor mask mandate for events with 500+ people went into effect 9/7/21.
- Statewide burn ban.
- Homeowner Assistance Fund, part of American Rescue Plan Act.
- Disclosing details of violation reports to "offending" owner.
- Process for adopting a collection policy.
- Detailing who owns, is responsible to maintain, and pays for work on components in your community.
- How to ratify board decisions made outside of a board meeting, in the next meeting. How to handle minutes for same.
- Giving notice to directors under new notice provisions in statutes.
- How to handle board decision when a board member has a personal interest in a specific decision.
- New text of RCW 24.03 (Non Profit Corporations Act).
- How to handle special assessments for capital improvements.
- Discussion of personal liability for board members when they fail to exercise their duty of care. Francis T. case out of CA. Hat Island case in WA.