Representing WA State condominium and homeowner associations. Questions? Email us: email@example.com
DISCLAIMER - The discussions in this Zoom Q&A are not legal advice and cannot be used to advise any particular association with any specific question and/or circumstances. The comments in this Zoom Q&A are intended for informational purposes only.
- CA Day coming up on October 9. Proof of vaccination required to participate.
- COVID-19 updates: Statewide indoor mask mandate went into effect 8/23/21. Statewide outdoor mask mandate at events with 500+ people went into effect 9/13/21.
- Effective 10/25/21, King County will require proof of vaccination or negative COVID test for outdoor public events with 500+ people and at indoor entertainment and recreation establishments, including bars, restaurants, gyms, etc.
- Seattle eviction moratorium extended through January 2022. Landlords newly required to give 6 months' notice of rent increase.
- WA eviction moratorium extended through 10/31/21. Prohibits evictions for non-payment of rent only.
- Statewide burn ban in effect though 9/30/21.
- Homeowner Assistance Fund, part of American Rescue Plan Act.
- If an owner fails to respond to a violation notice with due process, can the fine be assessed?
- How to handle credit balances when owners sell their unit/lot.
- Whether to send violation notices via certified mail in addition to regular mail.
- How alternate board members "operate" when it comes to unanimous written consent.
- Brief discussion of 1st Amendment right to free speech and question about hate speech.
- Why a W-9 is necessary when hiring a vendor to provide services to your association.
- Can an association regulate smoking in units/homes by rule, or is a declaration amendment required?
- Does a new set of rules supersede, invalidate, and make obsolete older rules documents?
- Best approach to governing document revisions to make deck maintenance, repair, and replacement an owner responsibility.
- Options for dealing with an owner whose unit creates a hazard to the building or other owners (i.e., hoarding, bed bugs).
- Community created in 1965 (pre-HOA Act) - how do they know if they are an HOA?
- How to make reserve disclosures in your budget summary.
- If/how to respond when an owner is sending out letters with misinformation about board decisions, etc.
- Question about amending bylaws.