Representing WA State condominium and homeowner associations. Questions? Email us: email@example.com
DISCLAIMER - The discussions in this Zoom Q&A are not legal advice and cannot be used to advise any particular association with any specific question and/or circumstances. The comments in this Zoom Q&A are intended for informational purposes only.
- WSCAI Gala & Annual Meeting - November 5.
- Indoor and outdoor mask mandates.
- Effective 10/25/21, King County will require proof of vaccination or negative COVID test for outdoor public events with 500+ people and at indoor entertainment and recreation establishments, including bars, restaurants, gyms, etc.
- Effective November 15, large indoor and outdoor events in Washington will be required to check proof of vaccination or a recent negative coronavirus test from all attendees ages 12 and up.
- Budget ratification reminder: you MUST disclose reserve fund surplus/deficiency on a per-unit basis to properly ratify your budget.
- Is an association obligated to translate notices into a different language?
- Is the HB 1482 pre-foreclosure notice a pre-requisite to ANY collection action? (No.)
- What rules board can adopt, and what requires a declaration amendment.
- Removal of a board member, notice required for same.
- Can you record executive session meeting? Discussion of executive session generally.
- What can a board member discuss with non-board members?
- Can excess management charges incurred due to a problematic/demanding owner be assessed to the owner?
- When does an owner's annoying/demanding behavior constitute harassment?
- What are the requirements for a board member to take calls from owners, respond to emails, etc.? How to handle excessive communications from one owner.
- Disposing of commercial signs on association common areas.
- Is a quorum required at a meeting to vote on a board member's removal?
- Can an association pass an amendment prohibiting off-site members from serving on the board?
- If you don't make quorum, do you fall back on last year's budget? (No quorum required to ratify budget.)
- Stripping board member of officer position vs. removal from board entirely.