Representing WA State condominium and homeowner associations. Questions? Email us: email@example.com
DISCLAIMER - The discussions in this Zoom Q&A are not legal advice and cannot be used to advise any particular association with any specific question and/or circumstances. The comments in this Zoom Q&A are intended for informational purposes only.
- WSCAI Gala & Annual Meeting - November 5.
- Indoor and outdoor mask mandates.
- Effective 10/25/21, King County will require proof of vaccination or negative COVID test for outdoor public events with 500+ people and at indoor entertainment and recreation establishments, including bars, restaurants, gyms, etc.
- Seattle eviction moratorium extended through January 2022. Landlords newly required to give 6 months' notice of rent increase.
- WA eviction moratorium extended through 10/31/21. Prohibits evictions for non-payment of rent only.
- Statewide burn ban expired 9/30/21.
- Homeowner Assistance Fund, part of American Rescue Plan Act.
- Discussion of proxies, absentee ballots, and directed proxies.
- Owner use of association software, opting-in to electronic notice, how electronic notice must be sent.
- How to handle approval of prior year's budget ratification meeting minutes.
- Brief discussion of free speech and association authority to regulate speech.
- What to do when your governing documents require more than the statutory minimum notice of a meeting.
- How to handle owner/neighbor complaints after an ARC request is approved.
- Discussion of board member code of conduct.
- Whether a subset of the board can take action against a board member.
- Does a ballot need to have the word "proxy" on it to be counted?
- Can a homeowner run for office if they have "no contact" orders against them from numerous other homeowners?
- What's the best way for an HOA to adopt SB 5011?
- If a proxy is left blank who votes the proxy?
- How to handle a subset of the board discussing association business outside of board meetings.