Representing WA State condominium and homeowner associations. Questions? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
DISCLAIMER - The discussions in this Zoom Q&A are not legal advice and cannot be used to advise any particular association (or owner) with any specific question and/or circumstances. The comments in this Zoom Q&A are intended for informational purposes only.
- Secretary of State electronic filing for non-profit corporate filings still unavailable indefinitely.
- Are owners entitled to know how individual board members voted on specific actions?
- Is it a conflict of interest to hire a lawyer related to a board member?
- Discussion of board votes via email; whether boards can reconsider previous decisions.
- How to regulate home-swaps in community.
- Discussion of RCW 64.38.035 (re: HOA meetings).
- Who can act as an owner's proxy?
- Board decisions made outside of board meeting; unanimity requirement.
- Whether decisions made unanimously via email should be ratified and included in the minutes at next meeting.
- What notices may be sent electronically if an owner opts in?
- How to handle smells from an owner growing pot in their garage or unit.
- Is there a duty to disclose when a board member has info relevant to a board decision?
- Paying for an audit - special assessment? Borrowing from reserves?
- How does WA's 2-party consent rule (RCW 3.73.030) apply when an owner wants to record an association meeting?
- Proper procedures for nominating, seconding, and electing a board member.
- What language, if any, do Associations need in their documents to authorize discretionary funds being used on community social events?