- Recording fees increasing from $203.50 to $403.50 on/after July 23, 2023.
- Borrowing money from reserve fund, timeline for repayment, disclosure with budget.
- House Bill 1636 increases pre-foreclosure threshold balance due from $200 to $2K; discussion of impact for HOAs.
- Annual audit requirement, percentages required to waive same.
- Handling disruptive owners at board meetings.
- Legal changes for reserve studies in 2023? (None.)
- Definition of "unit owner" for condominium associations.
- Middle housing bill & whether your governing documents currently allow you to prohibit the construction of add'l housing units on individual lots.
- Resale certificate fee increase? (No.)
- Ratifying a unanimous board decision (made via email or otherwise in writing outside of a board meeting) at the next meeting & documenting that action in the minutes.
- Can legal fees & costs (including recording fees) be assessed to the delinquent owner?
- Is it legal to provide a resale certificate in electronic/digital form?
- Recording liens with demand letter vs. waiting, different considerations and approaches.
- Board meeting w/ engineering consultant to ask questions and get project update. Is this a board meeting? Should owners be invited if the community has an open meeting requirement?
- Can an association require a copy of a marriage certificate if an owner says they are married and the board wants proof?
Representing Washington State condominium and homeowner associations. Questions? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
DISCLAIMER - The discussions in this Zoom Q&A are not legal advice and cannot be used to advise any particular association (or owner) with any specific question and/or circumstances. The comments in this Zoom Q&A are intended for informational purposes only.