- Commingling association funds w/ board member business funds (NO!!!!), board member taking "commission" on ass'n projects.
- Restricting the number of occupants per unit.
- Definition of "family member" when unit is rented.
- If a married couple owns two units, can they both serve on board? Do they have two votes or just one?
- RCW prohibiting board member use of proxies for voting, quorum requirements, and signing contracts.
- Directors vs. officers, delegating day-to-day management of community, whether to hire management company.
- What does WUCIOA stand for and what are the pros/cons?
- Next steps with bills that have been signed into law.
- Difference between declaration amendment and board resolution.
- Communications, association records, and disclosure to owners.
- Can the board remove a board member? Can the board member that is removed be reelected?
- How to approach and electric vehicle charging policy.
- Retyping a "clean" copy of governing documents.
- What belongs in rules vs. declaration amendment?
- Add'l questions about rules.
- How to handle multiple families living in a "single family home."
- Can Declaration require a larger percentage of ownership vote than the statute requires to require the board to call a special meeting?
- Can a developer defer lots assessments to the buyer during phases?
- Are governing documents contracts?
- How to approach amending governing documents (targeted amendment vs. restatement).
Representing Washington State condominium and homeowner associations. Questions? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
DISCLAIMER - The discussions in this Zoom Q&A are not legal advice and cannot be used to advise any particular association (or owner) with any specific question and/or circumstances. The comments in this Zoom Q&A are intended for informational purposes only.