Representing WA State condominium and homeowner associations. Questions? Email us: email@example.com
DISCLAIMER - The discussions in this Zoom Q&A are not legal advice and cannot be used to advise any particular association (or owner) with any specific question and/or circumstances. The comments in this Zoom Q&A are intended for informational purposes only.
- Revisiting COVID-related policies and protocols in light of rapid changes in circumstances.
- Reminder that Secretary of State will not have electronic filing available for non-profit corporate filings from December 30, 2021 through end of February.
- Changes to RCW 24.03 (non-profit corporations act) took effect January 1.
- Additional management fees related to sale of properties, statutory maximum on resale cert fee.
- Do condo associations have to pay taxes on interest income? Are they exempt as non-profits?
- If you lose all board members and can't seat a valid board, is receivership an option? How does that work?
- Mitigating liability related to kids sledding on association property.
- Why do board decisions made outside of a board meeting have to be unanimous?
- Do the requirements of the non-profit corporation statutes "commingle" with community association statutes, or does one override the other?
- What happens if you send notices to owners electronically when they haven't opted in?
- Can a board member change their vote three weeks after a decision was made?
- How can an association "go green" and stop sending meeting packets in the mail to owners?
- Discussion of unit owners installing generators to power their condos during power outages.
- Various questions about reserve funding, what is a reserve expense v. a regular budget expense, etc.
- Can a board rescind or override a vote of the association from an annual meeting?