- Recording fees increasing by $100 on January 1, 2024.
- Recap of foreclosure-related statutory changes.
- Recording liens, who can record, when it is allowed, etc.?
- Voting to approve the treasurer’s report/financials at the monthly board meeting.
- If the Declaration (aka CC&Rs) say “may” and the Bylaws or Rules say “shall,” which one controls?
- Charging fees when properties sell; different types of fees, authority for same.
- How much notice of board meetings is required for HOAs governed by RCW 64.38? What about emergencies?
- Discussion of board member attendance at meeting, expectations re: same.
- Documenting directives to manager in board meeting minutes.
- What board authority can be delegated to manager?
- Checking worker’s comp insurance status when working with contractors.
- Who is responsible when an owner’s tree branch hangs over a neighbor’s property.
- Can condos in WA impose rental caps?
- Fixing errors in board meeting minutes.
- Can the ARC (architectural review committee) dictate the materials used when owners do work on their homes?
Representing Washington State condominium and homeowner associations. Questions? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
DISCLAIMER - The discussions in this Zoom Q&A are not legal advice and cannot be used to advise any particular association (or owner) with any specific question and/or circumstances. The comments in this Zoom Q&A are intended for informational purposes only.